Friday, June 25, 2010

The Truth Comes Out about the Korean War...60 Years Later.

I usually go to NPR's website when I am in the mood for news articles that will make me laugh. This morning, however, I saw a story about the Korean War on the homepage. I was drawn to it not only because we have been studying America in the 1950s, but because it looked like it was a good story. Here is the link:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128092817
The story essentially says that recently documents have been discovered by the CIA that speaks of the Korean War from inside the government. Basically, they have uncovered documents that the government clearly did not want the public to know.
I was actually surprised that some reporter like Ed Murrow did not get the undercover story regarding this war, and got me to thinking about how much goes on behind the scenes of our own government today. Clearly there always has been and always will be a line that reporters are not able to cross. Unfortunately, I foresee an article similar to this one published 60 years down the road about our War in Iraq.

No comments:

Post a Comment